Thursday, June 21, 2007

Modding the Grado SR80

I guess this is the only fruitful thing I have done, during the break from Summer Term 3A to 3B, modifying the headphones. I think I am really daring at times and very adventurous, I have modified my amplifiers, cd players, build amplifiers, cables and now I am modifying my headphones. I guess the only think that I have yet to do will be to build speakers. That might be a good project though, if I have some money, and maybe trying building a DAC or CD player.

Anyway the following few post will show some of the things that I have done to this poor headphone of mine. I do noticed improvement and practicality in use after the mod, but then again, I do not deny the fact that this might be a placebo factor. I must also thank my dear girl, Sheryl for her advice and opinions in the process of my work, not forgetting her constant support and work on gluing the new grills onto the headphones.

This is the original look of the headphones, with the Y-split cables that come right in the centre of you, very irritating but then that's the signature of Grado's headphones.
 

A closer look at the headphones, its full plastic and make it rather plasticky in feel(you get my drift right)and the buttons are a real cheapy.
 

Well this is the "Crazy Monkey" who went about tearing every piece of the audio equipment at home. Good looking right? Maybe a little fat. Anyway I know dear dear would like to see my pictures.
 

The pig concentrating on his work, while the "other one" took photos.
Hair dryer, spoon, screwdrivers, solder iron, soler wires, tissue, by the way where is the doctor's assistant
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: