Saturday, March 02, 2013

Headphones and amps

Took out some of my old toys to play with and got some interesting findings:

Headphones:
Akg k501 and modded Xiangsheng 708B
A little sharp and bright for my liking. Suspect that it might not be a good pair, could be the mod that was done on XS.

AKG K240 600ohms with XS 708B
I thought they goes really well. Very quiet background, good space and control on the music.

Audio technica AD900 with XS 708B
Too bright for my liking, it is probably worst than k501 with XS. However the AD900 give the widest stage.

Modded Grado SR80 and XS 708B
Goes well together but not as good as the k240m with XS. I kind of forgotten how grado sounded due to the huge amount of mods I have done to the headphones. I think I need to change the Grado back to its old cables to understand how it was like, I may have done something wrong along the way.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: