Friday, December 02, 2005

My TOM TOM, my X8

Today is very likely to be the last day I am going to see my bike, the Phantom, also known as TA 200 or Tom Tom(what I call him)
Quite a bit of mixed feeling in me, its been with me for like 3-4 years, my very first bike. The love, hate and fear relationship is finally ending today, as I will be pushing it to the bike agent to trade in.

THE LOVE
My very first bike with lots of sentiments attached. I can still remember how I wished I could own him back then when I was in the midst of getting my license. Back then, I went to so many places to look for the cheapest price, but with the lack of experience and how bike shop work I ended up buying from the most expensive shop. How he never fail to get his daily attention and a holistic weekend shower. The premium petrol and engine oil, well he still gets it now, though I am not sure if the next owner will be giving him that.

THE HATE
When he doesn’t perform like his old self, when he start to give me problems like making scary gunshot sound but then we managed to solve it with the mechanics.

THE FEAR
People closer to me would know that I don’t encourage people to take up a bike and this is the same fear that I have for myself. Having seen my close friend’s brother gone in an accident, I fear for the same thing. Even worse, I don’t die but live the life wasted. This fear is especially excruciating when I think about my future and the many things that I have yet to achieve. My break through from the entanglement, I am afraid that I cannot get many things and will lose many things. Perhaps this is just human nature that they get depressed at the thought of losing something.

THE NEW LOVE
On the other hand, a new guy will be joining the family, he is X8, a scooter. Quite a big and sturdy fellow with lotsa storage space for my bags an laptop/s. He is a also a 200cc bike but this time round a automatic bike, meaning I just need to throttle and it will run. Should be a breeze riding it but then its pretty high for a short me.

No comments: