Friday, January 19, 2007

Memories that will stay and new skills acquired

Lots of unfortunate things happened in the year 2006,

It all begin with a broken elbow back in May, when i was still with UBS, having a go at how life would be in an financial organisation with weird working hours.

I broke my elbow, the morning my dear dear is supposed to leave for Beijing for work. I am really sorry that i have got her worried with my call in the wee hours. I broke my elbow in a bad fall after some reckless tackle by my colleague in a game of football at this place that u play football 24hours(u have to pay though).

It was definitely traumatic, knowing that u made someone worried. Its further worsen with the crackling sound repeatedly playing in your head when u are about to sleep at night.

Cracackackackkkkk… and u are awake again. Terrible experience, considering this is the 2nd time on the same hand just different parts.

I started to get very very free as I was on a long mc, its usually surfing the web on the stuff on hifi, as it was something that I really long to have for a very long time, and I mean years. Knowing I cannot afford them I didn’t really read much into them. It was during this time I learned about the headphones and headphone amp, this is the beginning of the whole chaos of changing amps to amps headphones to speakers and to headphones.

Afterwhich i got into a small accident with a lorry at the Zoo’s carpark where the guy tried to do some funny reversing and knock into me who was stationary. Slight scratch and its really lucky that I did not persist as i only wanted a nice day out with Dear Dear.

This is the term where I get my very first C grade in SMU, my grandfather pass away a few days prior to the exams and a bad gastric attack on the very day of the exam, just an hour away. Although the particular prof is known to be a very boring prof, who cannot control the class very well, I must say that he is really lenient in his grading for me. Despite the harsh words, and the squabble we had during the study break, I would like to blame the poor results on myself. I did not start off with the right attitude I would say. I did not mention to him about my condition on the day of the exam, I figured that it would make me sound like I am looking for some sympathy. I promised myself that I will work hard this semester to show myself, that yes I can do Finance. And its all for myself, yes not anyone else.

Let's talk about the happier stuff.

This is my very first amp, a headphone amp the XS708B, a gift from Mayvis. It is running on tubes and dun you just find them fascinating with that warm lushious glow, its therapeutic.

I have done some minor modification to bring it to another level of performance.
Some ecaps change, film caps change, rewiring, new inputs and change in the tubes use.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Not only did it perform well but its also satisfying to know that you are able to do something that you know nothing about and do it from scratch. This somewhat remind me of the fish and plant phase of my life, whereby i do all sort of nonsense to understand the biz, the fishes and all that fun yet tiring stuff..

Then its the cd player in which i did some heavy modding to it, just take a look at thos pictures.

Before the modding
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

after the modding
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Amazing right that a biz student is doing all this.
I am going to post more pictures since i am using a PC now yesh.. Picasa....

No comments: